Just when Obama thought it was safe to go back in the water, oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill has reportedly been found within 40 miles of the Florida Panhandle, farther east than previously suspected, and at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. The crude oil discovered, which tests verified was from the recent spill, is at levels "toxic to marine life," researchers reported. Stuff floating around in the ocean may have dragged the oil deeper down, in clumps, scientists suspect. Plankton and organisms at the Gulf floor showed a "strong toxic response" to the crude.
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode