The hip-hop mogul has defended the ground-zero mosque in creative fashion, placing signs in the windows of his top-floor apartment — located across the street from the site where the World Trade Center stood — to push for co-existence. “I was trying to figure out ways I could reach people and promote a message of tolerance," Simmons said of the message, which uses symbols from the world’s religions to spell out the word. Simmons said the display, which in some ways was especially poignant today, will remain up through at least September 11.
Photo: Mary Altaffer/AP
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 5. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 6. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013