Over 100 members of the Brooklyn tea party recently gathered at the 69th Street Pier in Bay Ridge to rally for, among other things, the concept of "culturism" which is supposed to be the opposite of "multiculturalism" because claiming that "all cultures are our friends" endangers America. It's not a racist ideology, though, as the group's president explains: “If this was racism, there would be no hope, because people are not going to change their skin color. But this is culturism. People can change their culture.” Oh, okay. [Brooklyn Ink via City Room/NYT]
Photo: Brooklyn Ink
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 8. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 9. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]