As if being faced with the prospect of being trapped underground for several months isn’t harrowing enough, the Chilean miners will also be forced to quit smoking and drinking cold turkey while they wait to be rescued. The miners delivered a wish list of items, including wine and cigarettes, to their rescuers, but have now been informed that they will be receiving neither. Instead, the medical experts are sending down “high protein, high-calorie foods delivered to them in narrow plastic tubes," as well as patches and nicotine gum. Rough. [Telegraph UK]
Photo: Ariel Marinkovic/AFP
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?