“[Republicans] have got to take a hard look at some of the positions they've been taking. We can't be anti-immigration, for example. Because immigrants are fueling this country. Without immigrants we would be like Europe or Japan with an aging population and no young people coming in to take care of it. We have to educate our immigrants ... [And the tea party movement] doesn't become a real force until it's — until it starts to talk to the issues. You can't just have slogans. You can't just have catchy phrases. You have to have an agenda." —Republican and former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Meet the Press this morning [Politico]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring