Like the Gang of Fourteen that stopped the "nuclear option" in 2005, and the "Gang of Six" that ended up doing nothing for health-care reform, Joe Lieberman is looking to cobble together another gang of moderate senators to reach a deal on extending the Bush tax cuts in some way. "It's an awful word," Lieberman says, "but we need another gang." [TPM DC]
Photo: MASSOUD HOSSAINI/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!