Observer scribe John Koblin, who has chronicled the minutiae of New York's media cabal perhaps more exhaustively than anyone else for the past four years, has left the salmon paper for greener pastures. He'll be working at Women's Wear Daily, which is also known for its thorough reporting on the industry. Former Observer editor Peter Kaplan, who hired Koblin, was recently named editorial director of the Fairchild Fashion Group, which includes WWD. "I've been at the Observer for four years, and it's been a great four years," Koblin told Intel just now. "But when Peter Kaplan comes calling, it's hard to turn that down. WWD has always been a great source for media coverage (and a thorn in my side), so I'm very, very excited to join the team." Hopefully in his new gig Koblin'll still be hearing bigwigs like Times editor Bill Keller telling him to "get a life." Good luck, John!
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!