Observer scribe John Koblin, who has chronicled the minutiae of New York's media cabal perhaps more exhaustively than anyone else for the past four years, has left the salmon paper for greener pastures. He'll be working at Women's Wear Daily, which is also known for its thorough reporting on the industry. Former Observer editor Peter Kaplan, who hired Koblin, was recently named editorial director of the Fairchild Fashion Group, which includes WWD. "I've been at the Observer for four years, and it's been a great four years," Koblin told Intel just now. "But when Peter Kaplan comes calling, it's hard to turn that down. WWD has always been a great source for media coverage (and a thorn in my side), so I'm very, very excited to join the team." Hopefully in his new gig Koblin'll still be hearing bigwigs like Times editor Bill Keller telling him to "get a life." Good luck, John!
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!