Confirming President Obama's hints that he would shake up his economic team after the election it might help if he did this before the Democrats get their asses handed to them by voters angry about the sputtering economy, but okay comes word that Larry Summers, the perennially sleep-deprived and disgruntled head of the National Economic Council, will step down after the vote in November. [Bloomberg]
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring