They say it takes thirteen charges of ethics violations to really show you who your friends are, and in Charlie Rangel's case that friend seems to be Michael Bloomberg. First, Bloomberg showed up at Rangel's birthday party, where others feared to tread. And now Bloomberg's recorded a phone message to support Rangel in his bid for a 21st term as representative. The robo-calls, which will flood Rangel's district in Harlem this Sunday, call Rangel the "go-to guy in Washington" and credit him with "bringing $300 million in stimulus funds to protect the jobs of New Yorkers," as well as "insuring affordable housing for working families" and "working to expand health coverage for all Americans." The phone calls are expected to be followed by round of pamphlets emblazoned with the logo "Bloomie + Charlie 4Lyfe."
Photo: Chris Hondros/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 8. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]