Oprah kicked off her 25th and final season by, as she is wont to do, giving the members of her audience a mind-blowingly awesome gift. Considering she once gave away new Pontiacs, O had to up her game for this last ever (!) season premiere. And she certainly delivered, giving each audience member an eight-day, all-expenses paid trip to Australia. The roughly 300 lucky individuals (who were chosen by producers and “comprise some of her most loyal and dedicated watchers”) went predictably insane, shrieking and writhing hysterically, as Oprah chanted, "We're going to Australia! We are going to Australia! You and you and you and you, are going to Australia!" Seriously, it's worth watching; the audience reaction makes the SNL parodies look positively mild.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 6. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. QuizUp Is the Fastest-Growing iPhone Game in History: Here Are Its Creator’s Secrets