Billy Joe Gregg Jr., a farmhand and amateur sadist from Plain City, Ohio, was sentenced to eight months in jail and ordered to pay a $1,000 fine for beating, kicking and stabbing calves and cows at a dairy farm where he worked. The conviction came after the group Mercy for Animals released an incredibly disturbing, graphic undercover video (which you might want to think twice about watching), which showed Gregg and other workers beating the helpless animals in the face with crowbars, stabbing them with pitchforks, breaking their tails, as well as punching, throwing, and kicking calves. Honestly, we can't believe we just typed that. Conklin Dairy Farm fired Gregg the day the video was released, but he was the only worker to face criminal charges. He's barred from contact with animals for three years and must receive psychological counseling. Where are the zealots espousing eye-for-eye justice when you need them?
Photo: Mercy for Animals
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability