Great news for New Yorkers who have always wanted to experience the electricity of Times Square on New Year’s Eve minus the suffocating hordes of people ... or, um, the New Year’s Eve aspect. The Times Square Advertising Coalition has announced plans for a nightly "Times Square Midnight Moment," which it hopes will become a "a new must-see attraction." Yep, beginning in 2011, multiple digital billboards will offer some sort of illuminating display at midnight to “offer a bright end” to the evening. The perfect end to a Hard Rock Café–M&M's World date night. [Media Decoder/NYT]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 8. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?
- 9. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode