A group of western New York teenagers have been accused of harassing members of a mosque in Carlton, New York, during their evening Ramadan prayers, according to authorities. The teens allegedly yelled obscenities and insults at members of the mosque on Monday, and sideswiped a worshiper with a vehicle and fired a shotgun outside the mosque last Friday. The Times says it is “unclear” whether there is any connection between these incidents and that other little mosque story in the news these days. The county’s D.A. says these provocations are more intense than any they’ve seen before: “We’ve had minor incidents, but nothing of this magnitude in the past.” The teens have been charged with disrupting a religious service, a misdemeanor.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!
- 9. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes