The first (and probably only) debate of the governor’s race has just been scheduled for October 18 at Hofstra, with a lineup that could do the impossible: make Carl Paladino look reasonable. Besides front-runner Andrew Cuomo, the participants will include Howie (“The Green Hornet”) Hawkins, Warren (Libertarian Party) Redlich, Jimmy (“The Rent Is Too Damn High”) McMillan, Kristin (“The Manhattan Madam”) Davis, and Charles (“White Men Have Too Much Power”) Barron. Here’s the nuttiest thing: Paladino, after loudly complaining that Cuomo is scared to debate, is the only candidate who hasn’t agreed to show up.
Photo: Chris Hondros/Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...