Andrew Breitbart has been a loyal supporter of conservative activist James O'Keefe up until now, championing his ACORN video stunt even after a judge cleared the nonprofit from wrongdoing. Breitbart was also vigilant in going after media that incorrectly reported that O'Keefe was later charged with wiretapping of Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieau's office (he pled guilty, eventually, to entering her offices under false pretenses). But in the case of O'Keefe's latest stunt (in which he tried to lure CNN reporter Abbie Boudreau to a boat decked out as some sort of bordello), even Breitbart draws a line. "In [the previous] cases the left-leaning media exposed its obvious bias against James because of his contrarian point of view and because the targets of his investigations are protected institutions of the Democrat Media Complex," Breitbart wrote this week. "However, in my dealings with Ms. Boudreau, she and her producer, Scott Zamost, conducted themselves professionally, and I believe James owes them a candid and public explanation. From what I've read about this script, though not executed, it is patently gross and offensive. It's not his detractors to whom he also owes this public airing. It's to his legion of supporters." And James, word of advice: You do not want Team Breitbart to turn against you.
Photo: Win McNamee/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!