The Internet has changed politics forever in many ways, but in this election season, its most noticeable effect has been a new generation of campaign ads. More so than ever before, candidates didn't need a ton of money to get noticed, they just needed a great ad that would be passed around the web like so many cat photos. Or barring a "great" ad, one that was unintentionally hilarious or outright insane would suffice, because if the Internet loves anything, it's laughing at people who aren't even trying to be funny. But whether an ad was actually creative and ingenious, or just weird and ridiculous, the Internet took notice and provided a platform far beyond what any local TV market could have. So thank you, Internet, for allowing us to hand out these almost-the-end-of-the-campaign-season awards to the best and worst ads you brought to our attention this year. From the "Most Inappropriate Comparison" to the "Best Use of a Human Liver," these 38 campaign ads stood out from the rest.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper