In a year during which candidates from Richard Blumenthal in Connecticut to Mark Kirk in Illinois grossly exaggerated their military experiences, Carl Paladino's embellishment hardly stands out. Even so, it shouldn't be hard to get these things right. Paladino's campaign manager, Michael Caputo, had previously said that, during six months of active duty in the Army at Fort Bliss, Texas, Paladino was "responsible for training 250 men." But the Post got a hold of Paladino's military records, and, as Caputo now admits, it was more like three months ... and zero men.
Photo: Audrey C. Tiernan-Pool/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!