Well, this is a relief: For Katherine Garcia, 23, her natural instinct to burrow under the covers and stay the hell put after hearing a burglar in her apartment has paid off. It was about 5:15 a.m. in Bushwick when Carlos Lopez and Derney Garcia (no relation) pried open the front door of her apartment. "I moved the covers a little bit to peek out, and I see [one of the burglars] holding my iPad in one hand and a knife in the other," Katherine told the Post. Ducking under her duvet, she called the cops, who arrived quickly. As Lopez panicked and attempted to flee with two garbage bags filled with her stuff, Katherine burst out from under the covers and grabbed him herself. This, clearly, was a victory for scared apartment dwellers all over the city. Also, for makers of extraordinarily thick comforters.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!