Belfast City Council member Lorraine Mallon (in the tomato suit, above) was awarded £24,021.75 in damages after the city's former mayor Jim Rodgers botched an attempt to leap over her during a photo shoot to promote a gourmet food fair, accidentally kneeing her in the back of the head and causing her to suffer a slipped disc. Rodgers told the Scotsman it all would have been fine had the grass not been wet. "I'm very fit and look after myself," he said. "But it was just one of those things."
Photo: Paul Faith/PA Wire
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. 178 Minutes With Miranda Kerr
- 5. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: November 2013
- 6. Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?
- 7. Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- 8. Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- 9. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List