At last night's The Norman Mailer Center and Writers Colony Annual Gala, the Rolling Stone publisher reacted to a publication by the same name in Uganda publishing a list of "100 Top Homos" and urging readers to "Hang Them." "What a miserable fucking thing to do to people. It's disgusting," he told us. Unfortunately, "There's nothing we can do. We never copyrighted the name in Uganda. We own the copyright for the name in many, many countries. But who would have thought we'd have to own the copyright in Uganda?"
Photo: Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring