After polls showed Alaskan GOP Senate candidate Joe Miller leading or at least tying Republican write-in candidate Lisa Murkowski for weeks, a seemingly endless string of bad publicity (stonewalling the press, past ethics violations, having his private security guards handcuff a journalist) has dropped Miller to third place in the race's latest poll, far behind Murkowski and trailing even Democrat Scott McAdams, who hasn't gotten much national attention but is not theoretically in striking distance. [Politico]
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring