Now that a federal court has struck down "don't ask, don't tell" for the time being military recruiters have been told by the Pentagon that they can go ahead and enlist openly gay people. Former lieutenant Dan Choi, one of the most prominent and recognizable critics of DADT, tweeted earlier today that he would head to Times Square to sign up for the Marines. Unfortunately, he was denied ... not because he's gay, though, but because he's too old. Someday, old people. Someday.
Photo: Ben Hider/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 8. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring