“[We need] a fast evolution, not revolution ... BP is a company that is coming back from a near-death experience. We are not going to run away from risk. We are going to make sure we are among the best in the world at managing risk going forward.” —Robert Dudley, who will formally become BP’s new CEO Friday, on his vision for the company. Dudley, who will be BP’s third chief executive in four years, has already announced plans to reorganize the company’s critical exploration and production business, as well as institute a global safety division. [NYT]
Photo: Ben Stansall/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring