Liu Xia, wife of Liu Xiaobo, the Chinese dissident currently serving an eleven-year prison term for subversion who won the Nobel Peace Prize Friday morning, has reportedly gone missing. "She's disappeared. We're all worried," Shang Baojun, lawyer of the award winner, told the AP this morning. Xia was supposed to be en route, with police escort, to Xiaobo's prison Friday morning, to meet her husband and deliver the news of his Nobel Peace Prize, but she never turned up at the jail. According to the Daily News, "China has continued to censor reports about the prize, other than a state-run newspaper calling it 'an arrogant showcase of Western ideology,'" and many believe Xia may now be detained by Chinese police. [NYDN]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?