Hours after Daisy Khan, wife to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, said on ABC’s This Week that she and her husband have received death threats, the NYPD has confirmed that it is investigating threats against the duo behind the planned Islamic center and mosque near ground zero. The threats began “several weeks ago,” a police spokesman said, refusing to reveal details or whether the couple is receiving police protection. On air this morning, Khan said: "For the record, my life is under threat My husband's life is under threat. We do not walk around with bodyguards, because we love this country. We don't walk around with big bodyguards because we don't want [to] use taxpayers' money."
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!