You wouldn't know from her folksy songs and girly-looking website that Caroline Jones is the daughter of a hardass hedge-funder. At least, not until she breaks out the lingo: "Contrary to what the current business paradigms are telling you, this is the best time to be an artist," the singer-songwriter says in an earnest video introducing her project, the Clean Dirt Club, which is some kind of music-sharing website we can't really be bothered to understand. "If there was ever an opportunity for you to express your gifts and gain a wider audience, this is it." That's encouraging. Although, to be fair, when your father is a billionaire, it's always a good time to be an artist.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women