You wouldn't know from her folksy songs and girly-looking website that Caroline Jones is the daughter of a hardass hedge-funder. At least, not until she breaks out the lingo: "Contrary to what the current business paradigms are telling you, this is the best time to be an artist," the singer-songwriter says in an earnest video introducing her project, the Clean Dirt Club, which is some kind of music-sharing website we can't really be bothered to understand. "If there was ever an opportunity for you to express your gifts and gain a wider audience, this is it." That's encouraging. Although, to be fair, when your father is a billionaire, it's always a good time to be an artist.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 6. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...