Did you know that President Obama's stimulus package last year cut taxes for 95 percent of working families? Probably not, because, unlike President George W. Bush's tax rebate, which came in the mail in the form of a big fat check everyone gather around, the tax cut is here, hooray! Obama decided to just take out fewer taxes from your paychecks. The administration thought that, with this subtle method, people would be more likely to stimulate the economy by spending the money, rather than saving it, unpatriotically. But not only did nobody really notice that they even received a tax cut therefore robbing Obama of any political benefit but a study by a University of Michigan economics professor shows that more people actually spent the Bush tax cuts than the Obama tax cuts.
Photo: Jim Watson/Getty Images
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 8. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- 9. Stop Asking If the Volcker Rule Will Work. It Already Has