Compared to how tame and uneventful most political rallies are, the rally held by President Obama in Philadelphia yesterday was like the Gathering of the Juggalos. Not only did one guy streak naked for a million dollars, but Obama became the latest in a long and illustrious line of American politicians who have had things thrown at them when someone flung a book his way. Obama didn't seem to notice, but the moment was captured on video (at the :23 mark).
Obviously it's dangerous anytime someone is able to throw something at the president. If you really wanted to harm the president, though, would you throw a book? Perhaps as with the naked guy, then, this was yet another publicity stunt. Once we find out the name of the book that was thrown at Obama people are already scrutinizing the back cover it'll immediately become a runaway best-seller among the tea partiers.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Yahoo! Will Pay $1.1 Billion to Jump Into Tumblr's Fountain of Youth
- 3. Kanye On SNL: Scowls, Screaming, The Waterboy
- 4. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 5. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck
- 6. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 7. The Look Book - Public-Service Executive Nora Fitzpatrick
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Anchorman 2 Teaser Trailer: You Haven’t Changed a Bit