The Post pulls through with a solid weekend trend piece. On Sunday evenings, "on the gritty south side of Williamsburg," the Hispanic Lutheran Church transforms "into a hipster religious revival with plenty of fashion but no irony," and the congregation has grown five-fold over the past few years. The Reverend, a friend of Sufjan Stevens, is in a band, and the aisles are reportedly filled with artists. Live jazz accompanies the ceremony, but "the holy hipsters are serious about Christ." Travis Johnson, a 28-year-old who rigs music equipment for Nine Inch Nails, explained: "I feel at home here." This is semi-plausible! Those oft-emotionally unstable but well-coiffed cool kids need some real community, after all. And with "plenty of red wine" flowing, the service sounds kind of fun.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update