A new study released in Lancet today assigns drugs a "harm score" from zero to 100 based on nine types of harm that they can wreak on an individual and seven types of harm that abusing those drugs can do to others. The U.K. study found that heroin, crack, and crystal meth ranked at the top of the drugs most harmful to individuals. However, alcohol scored an overall 72, compared to 55 for heroin, 54 for crack, and 27 for cocaine, based on harm it inflicted on others. The study is an attempt to provide scientific evidence to support the reclassification of drugs based on the cost to society. Just imagine if Charlie Sheen's latest coke-fueled benders were instead set off by a nice Pinot Grigio.
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?