A Barf-o-rama in Brooklyn

By

Yesterday in an English class at Frederick Douglass Academy VIII in Canarsie, a 13-year-old boy opened up a bottle that set off a powerful odor throughout the classroom. The substance — which police later described as a mix of cough medicine and an unknown substance — was nontoxic, but when the smell hit the crowd, the fumes made a number of kids "queasy," the Post reports. Girlfriends barfed on boyfriends! Kids barfed on other kids! The teacher barfed in her purse, probably. Firefighters and paramedics rushed to the scene and took eleven kids and two adults to the hospital, but all turned out fine — it seems they had just experienced their first ever complete and total barf-o-rama.

Brooklyn kids sickened by noxious odor of cough-medicine brew [NYP]