The Camp Rock star (who was also one of the kids on Barney & Friends!) has checked into a "treatment center" for "emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time," according to People. While a rep for Lovato didn't specify the problems that caused her to quit the bestselling Jonas Brothers tour, her camp did release this statement: "Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help. She is doing just that. Demi and her family ask that the media please respect their privacy during this difficult time. She regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future." According to the magazine, the Disney actress "has struggled with cutting" and "fought through eating disorders." Adults, in case you are wondering: Yes, this does mean that after years of avoiding it, you now have to learn what a Demi Lovato is. Just think of how much you would have missed if you hadn't gotten in on the ground floor with Lindsay Lohan?
Photo: Andreas Branch/patrickmcmullan.com
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper