Kourtney, Khloe, and Kim Kardashian (Bing's most searched person this year!) have quit backing the Kardashian Prepaid MasterCard, a debit card targeted at teens, after Connecticut attorney general Richard Blumenthal said, "I am deeply disturbed by this card's high fees combined with its appeal to financially unsophisticated young adults." The reality-TV stars issued a termination notice, and they're returning their fee and demanding MasterCard cease using their names and images to market the card. But if you were already conned into signing up for a Kardashian debit card and now you're stuck with a piece of plastic bearing Kim Kardashian's mug, don't worry: Someday, this product will end up in a museum of zeitgeisty artifacts from the year 2010 that make no sense, and then you will not regret having purchased it. Not at all.
Photo: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- 1. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 2. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 3. Sons of Anarchy's Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What's Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 5. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 6. Snowy Owls Spared Violent Deaths, Because Look at Them
- 7. 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreadlocks Actually Look Like
- 8. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-Six Finale
- 9. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle