Not long after we witnessed the mysterious Montauk Monster back in summer 2008 (was it really so long ago?), there was a period of monster hysteria, in which beachgoers across the country began to claim that they, too, had spotted junior varsity Monties washed up on their own shores. Now, after the debunking of the so-called Los Angeles missile launch story, the media has decided to post pictures and footage of every plane with a contrail flying at night, attempting to claim their own missile scare. According to the Post, Queens had one. According to CBS 2, so did Manhattan. Apparently, all the pundit hysteria over the original "missile scare" (handily mocked in these clips from last night's Daily Show) was just too juicy to resist. Because why not terrify viewers when you have the option of doing so?
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper