As our John Heilemann wrote recently, the White House, fearful that Mayor Bloomberg could jump into the 2012 presidential race as an Independent, has been making "a gaudy show of sucking up to the mayor" recently through such things as a day of golf with President Obama at Martha's Vineyard. If the intent was to keep Bloomberg on Obama's side, however, that seems to have backfired. In an interview in the Australian press, Rupert Murdoch relays what Bloomberg told him when he returned from the golf outing. "He came back and said 'I never met in my life such an arrogant man,'" Murdoch claims. Yikes. When this guy calls you arrogant, you really might have to work on the attitude a bit.
Photo: Shannon Stapleton-Pool/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death