Republicans could be rewarding the older Americans who helped them take back the House with some major reforms to their Social Security and other entitlements. Sure, Peter Orszag might believe the time is right for reform but new-media rebel Howard Fineman doesn't think so! On Countdown, Fineman told Keith Olbermann that non–tea party Republicans are obsessed with repealing health care and don't want to have anything to do with entitlement reform. On Parker Spitzer, Eliot Spitzer couldn't put Texas governor Rick Perry in the corner when it comes to letting states decide on opting out of Social Security, and Judd Gregg told Hardball's Chris Matthews that he'll jump off the cliff if the Democrats come with him. Last but not least, Tim "T-Paw" Pawlenty reminds the Morning Joe crew how things turned out for the last person who jumped off that cliff.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck