Ninety-nine out of the roughly 150 monthlies monitored by the Media Industry Newsletter sold more ad pages so far this year than they did by this time last year, a heartening number. And it looks like fashion magazines are doing the best: Vogue has claimed the most ad page gains so far, having recovered from a particularly bad year last year, when, for the first time, Elle outsold it in the ad-page race. This year Vogue sold 320 more ad pages than last year, whereas Harper's Bazaar sold 269 more, and Elle, which stayed afloat better than its rivals last year, still gained 190. Other magazines in the top ten of ad-sales improvements included Marie Claire, Real Simple, InStyle, and Parenting.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!