"I really don't want to be distracted from what I've been elected to Congress to accomplish. The media has taken over, and it's almost as if I was going to Congress to wear hats." —Frederica Wilson, 68, Representative-elect for part of the Miami–Fort Lauderdale area, disappoints fashionistas, hat advocates, and us, by deciding she will not, as previously suspected, deliberately defy the House of Representatives hat ban, which dates back to 1837, and wear one of her signature sparkly headpieces before John Boehner when she's sworn in on January 5. Sigh. Someday, maybe we'll elect someone who'll really change things in this country.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?