On Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw famously "lived" on the Upper East Side on East 73rd Street. But really, her block was filmed down in the West Village, nearer to actress Sarah Jessica Parker's brownstone home. Now the Observer and Post report that SJP actually might be, finally, moving uptown: She's in talks to buy a sprawling duplex apartment on Central Park West at 69th Street. The apartment at 88 CPW, which used to belong to philanthropist Laurie Tisch, is on sale for a whopping $21 million and has spectacular views of the park. (You can appreciate the views for yourself in a recent Observer slideshow of the place.) If Parker and her husband, Matthew Broderick, do indeed move their family to the building, they'll have Lorne Michaels as a neighbor (Sting and Billy Joel used to live in the building) but will have to live without a garage, roof deck, or health club. Still, they will have a 32-foot living room with park views, and, perhaps most important, a master bedroom with two walk-in closets. Since Broderick obviously will have to use a closet down the hall, that means SJP gets to use one just for shoes!
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]