Tweeting about U.S. Navy Captain Owen Honors, who was temporarily relieved of his post yesterday after filming a series of explicit, gay-themed videos involving cross-dressing, gay conservative pundit Tammy Bruce wrote, "But this hypocrisy is just truly too much. Enuf already--the more someone complains about the homos the more we should look under their bed." (A preceding tweet read, "and you may have noticed I was being quiet about DADT because that's not our most pressing issue...") Sarah Palin, who has kept uncharacteristically quiet on "don't ask, don't tell" and gay issues, promptly re-tweeted it. Bruce's tweet was intended to condemn homophobia, express vague support for the "don't ask, don't tell" repeal, and deride Republicans who are still carrying on about it, presumably. Bruce believes Palin's re-tweet was intended to do the same, although Palin is notoriously fast and loose with the tweeting. "[Palin's] a decent woman & friend to the community," Bruce wrote, following the re-tweet. "I think we homos may have to get an additional honorary disco ball--unless @SarahPalinUSA & @AnnCoulter are willing to fight over it." Later, the pundit tweeted a photo of an adorable teddy bear wearing an "I <3 Homos" T-shirt. Palin has yet to re-tweet that, but perhaps she's on her way.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 7. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...