A fight broke out between 65-year-old journalist Carlos Castro and 20-year-old Renato Seabra shortly before Castro was murdered at the InterContinental Hotel in Times Square on Friday, according to the New York Post. Seabra, a model and reality-TV star, reportedly told Castro that he was "actually straight and only with him for the money." A source said, "Castro was a trampoline for [Seabra] to rise in the fashion and social worlds." According to the Daily News, investigators believe Seabra beat his older lover with a laptop and castrated him with a wine glass after a fight broke out when Castro accused Seabra of stealing cash. A New York City taxi driver who picked Seabra up at the InterContinental and dropped him off at a hospital called 911, after seeing Seabra's photo in a newscast. Seabra is currently in police custody and under sedation at Bellevue Hospital.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability