A nascent Draft Olbermann movement, organized by members of the Daily Kos community, wants the former MSNBC anchor to run for Joe Lieberman's Senate seat in 2012. They have a Twitter page and a Facebook page, on which they write, "We're just a bunch of fans who want to see Keith Olbermann run for Senate- this voice is too important to be silenced." While we highly doubt "being silenced" was ever an option for Olbermann, it is true that a professional preacher would be hard pressed to find more bully a pulpit than the floor of the Senate. And Connecticut is probably one of the only states liberal enough to accept Olbermann for who he is. One problem: He doesn't currently live there.
Photo: Donna Ward/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck