One poor young Brooklyn man was left slapping his forehead after he watched a thief drive away with his 2005 Nissan Maxima last week. He'd put the car on Craigslist to find a buyer, and on December 29 met up with a man named Valsyl Lazoryshyn to let him do a test drive. Somewhere along the Bay Parkway in Bensonhurst, they switched positions so Lazoryshyn could drive, and while the victim was crossing behind the car, the crook sped away down the road. The young man called the NYPD and then decided to take matters into his own hands. Scanning Craigslist later that very day, he noted a strikingly similar Maxima advertised. He called the number on the ad and immediately recognized the voice. His next call was to Shomrim, which is "an Orthodox Jewish anti-crime patrol." They helped him set up a sting in which he posed as a buyer for his own car. Lazoryshyn drove the vehicle right back into the victim's possession, and himself into police custody. Presumably, there was a forehead slap during this part of the story, as well.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!