Two residents of Ollie's Place, a no-kill cat shelter on East 26th Street, were married on Thursday, the first official same-sex feline wedding on some sort of record, according to Discovery. After initially meeting on Coney Island, the two male cats, Solomon and Bruno, moved into the same apartment at Ollie's Place several years ago, following a rough period of homelessness. Shy Bruno reportedly counts on Solomon to be "his protector, his BFF," and then some. In turn, Solomon "revels in his role as the alpha cat, warmly supporting his introverted pal." The Feline Marriage Ceremony held at Ollie's Place ensures that one can't be adopted without the other. Everybody, now: Awww. [Queerty, Discovery via Jezebel]
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?