Taxi and Limo czar David Yassky commissioned a study this year that confirmed a fact that New Yorkers have known for decades: It's harder to catch a cab between 4 and 5 p.m., because drivers are changing shifts. Thanks, Yassky. [NYT] Related: Mark Jacobson's 1975 New York story "Night-Shifting for the Hip Fleet," which inspired the hit TV show Taxi.
Photo: Don Emmert/AFP/Getty Images
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. Finally, See Kate Moss’s Photos for Playboy
- 5. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. 40 Men That Men Find Beautiful
- 8. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 9. Is Jennifer Lawrence Katniss-ing Us?