Christopher Poole, a.k.a. Moot, started 4chan, the meme-generating message board behind such Internet delights as LOLcats and Pedobear, when he was just in high school. Now 23 years old, and backed by Lerer Ventures, he has unleashed his latest creation on the world. Canvas, currently only accessible to 4,000 or so beta users, looks somewhat similar to 4chan in that users can post content and discuss. It also allows users to stay totally anonymous. For now, Canvas is starting with just photos — with video, audio, and rich text to follow. Day one, and it looks like it already has the fat-Asian-baby-meme market cornered. [TechCrunch]
Photo: Canvas via TechCrunch
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode