A high school in Vermont has been forced to cancel its annual winter ball after students refused to purchase tickets in order to rebel against a ban on grinding. The dance form is considered de rigueur at Vermont high-school dances, according to South Burlington High School principal Patrick Burke. However, Burke explained: "I could not accept even the tamest form of this dance as appropriate behavior at a school event, and I believe the enforcement of 'OK' grinding versus 'obscene' grinding was an untenable task." Senior-class president Kyle Chu, a staunch advocate for the rights of young grinders, said the dance form is "not inherently obscene." Taking a firm stand, Chu explained: "This is our generation's way of dancing, even if they find it vulgar." [Burlington Free Press via Jezebel]
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?