Faced with an expedited Arizona law forbidding demonstrations within 300 feet of a funeral, and with the threat of being physically shrouded by counterprotesters wearing enormous angel wings, the monsters of the Westboro Baptist Church have decided not to picket the funeral of 9-year-old Tucson massacre victim Christina Taylor Green. It's not because they've looked deep within their hearts and discovered the error of their ways though, since their hearts long ago rotted into a viscous black sludge. They are simply calling off the protest in exchange for the opportunity to disseminate their message of hate to a wider audience with the free radio time offered to them by stations in Canada and Arizona. And they're still going to show up to the funerals of Jared Loughner's other victims, including federal judge John Roll. Because his death has everything to do with gay sex, obviously.
Photo: Monika Graff/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck