Just fourteen months after the State Senate rejected a same-sex marriage bill, new governor Andrew Cuomo said he's going to try again. Cuomo campaigned on a pro-marriage-equality platform, and is preparing a new version of the bill, which has gay-rights advocates thrilled. Marriage-equality legislation has passed numerous times in the State Assembly, but has been repeatedly blocked in the State Senate. It's about time — at least according to public opinion polls, which say that more New Yorkers than ever support the marriage-equality bill. [NYT]
Photo: Getty Images News
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!