Monday night, past Jeopardy! mega-champs Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter went head to hard drive against Watson, an IBM supercomputer designed to do battle with humans on the Alex Trebek–helmed game show. Rutter holds the record for most earnings in Jeopardy! competition — $3.25 million — and Jennings has the record for most consecutive wins on the show — 74. The results were mixed. After trailing in the first half, Rutter came back to tie Watson with $5,000 each, and Jennings finished with $2,000. The pair go up against Watson again Tuesday and Wednesday. [ArtsBeat/NYT]
Photo: Ben Hider/Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?